Monday, August 14, 2017

SUNJACK OFFICIAL LIGHTSTICK [REVIEW/UNBOXING]

Gear Review SunJack Waterproof Lightstick - Backdoor Survival

Wow! It has certainly been a while since my last post. Spring quarter has been a little more hectic than what I had originally imagined, thus preventing me from making any posts. Though I've been away and unable to post any reviews & unboxings, it does not mean that I haven't been making purchases.

For today's post, I shall be reviewing & unboxing SUNJACK LIGHTSTICK purchased mine during pre-order period for about. It was shipped out to me on April 24th and arrived exactly two weeks later.

Unlike Infinite who has various official lightstick designs released through different events such as fanclub registration, Second Invasion (Japan), That Summer Concert 2, and so on, Bangtan released the "ARMY Bomb" as their first official lightstick. Hopefully this will be the one and only lightstick for their fandom because personally, I prefer one solid design compared to Infinite's different lightsticks. Here are some shots of the bomb itself!




If there is one thing that we all share in common, it is our interest in having adequate light to brighten our way when the grid is down. Perhaps that is why some of us, no names mentioned, have over two dozen flashlights of all sizes and types. And that is in addition to chemical light sticks.

With all of these portable light sources, what if you had a powerful source of light that was not only bright enough to light up a room, but was waterproof and rechargeable using any USB source? And better yet, what if it could also be used to charge up your phone, eBook reader, or other USB device?




Today I would like to introduce you to the SunJack Waterproof Lightstick which is, indeed, one very handy piece of equipment to have around. Not only is is bright, but from what I can tell, it is pretty much indestructible. And the best part? The nice folks at SunJack, who you might recall from the review I did on the SunJack Portable Solar Charger, have set aside one SunJack Lightstick for a lucky Backdoor Survival reader.
SunJack Waterproof Lightstick – Just the Facts

In my usual style, I want to show you the Lightstick in action, but first, let me share a few of the basic facts.

Shaped like a long tube, the SunJack Waterproof Lightstick is about 10 inches long. The end cap includes a green power button that toggles between low, medium, high, and strobe. Depending on the setting, one charge will deliver up to 46 hours of constant light.

For the technically inclined, the output is 5V 2Amp and the maximum output wattage is 3.5W.
Practical Uses for the SunJack Lightstick

Given its slim profile, the SunJack Waterproof Lightstick is ideal for bug out bags, get home kits, and vehicle emergency kits. I find that it fits neatly in my pack, right along side a LifeStraw which is are similar in size.

No comments:

Post a Comment